You create Adobe┬« Flash┬« CC animations. You can find your way around the Library and can work in the Timeline. You’ve even created symbols and have embedded one MovieClip inside another. But now you want to create functionality that can’t be accomplished on the Timeline alone. You want to import content from external sources, such as XML and video files, and you want to create items that respond to user interactions. These things require an understanding of ActionScript and other advanced features of Flash.
This course covers the Interactive Media Using Adobe Flash Professional CC objectives to help students prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
In this course, you will learn to use advanced Flash development capabilities to produce complex Flash projects using Adobe Flash CC.
- Get started with an ActionScript programming project.
- Extend the behavior of Flash objects.
- Access structured data.
- Use components for display and user input.
- Use media content from external sources.
- Make rich media content accessible.
- Publish a movie.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with an ActionScript Programming Project
- Topic A: Plan a Programming Project
- Topic B: Apply ActionScript Elements
- Topic C: Perform Testing and Debugging
Lesson 2: Extending the Behavior of Flash Objects
- Topic A: Extend MovieClip Behavior
- Topic B: Respond to Events
Lesson 3: Accessing Structured Data
- Topic A: Parse XML
- Topic B: Apply Arrays
Lesson 4: Adding Components for Display and User Input
- Topic A: Add Components and Set Properties
- Topic B: Populate Components with Content
- Topic C: Respond to Item Selection in a Component
- Topic D: Change the Appearance of Components
Lesson 5: Loading Media Content from External Sources
- Topic A: Load Image Content
- Topic B: Load Video Content
- Topic C: Embed Audio Content
Lesson 6: Making Rich Media Content Accessible
- Topic A: Improve Navigation for Accessibility
- Topic B: Make Content Readable by a Screen Reader
Lesson 7: Publishing a Movie
- Topic A: Prepare to Publish from Flash
- Topic B: Edit the HTML Host Page
- Topic C: Publish to Various Formats
Appendix A: Interactive Media Using Adobe Flash Professional CC Certification Exam Objectives
Appendix B: Adobe Certified Expert Flash CC Exam Mapping
The target student for this course is a designer or developer who uses Flash. The student may be a graphic designer, website developer, multimedia designer, or game designer. This course, combined with Adobe┬« Flash┬« CC: Part 1, covers ACA and ACE exam objectives for Adobe Flash CC, and is intended to help prepare students to take the Adobe Certified Associate and Adobe Certified Expert exams.
To ensure your success in this course:
- Successful completion of the Adobe┬« Flash┬« CC: Part 1 Logical Operations course is recommended.