- Produce a high-level design that accounts for requirements for cloud environments.
- Configure and deploy the cloud fabric.
- Configure a PXE server, an update server, and a software update baseline.
- Configure Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (App-V) so that it can be used to sequence and deploy an application virtually.
- Build the core components necessary for delivering services on the fabric.
- Allocate resources to a cloud and grant access to a cloud.
- Understand how to monitor clouds using Operations Manager.
- Understand the tools necessary to extend and customize Operations Manager for cloud environments.
- Set up, configure, and integrate the core components of Service Manager into a cloud fabric.
- Configure a service catalog, and then publish it to the Self-Service Portal.
- Gain the knowledge necessary to deploy and configure Data Protection Manager in a cloud.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator in a cloud, and then integrate it with other System Center components.
The correspondent training has been retired.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Plan for a Hybrid Cloud
- Configure and deploy a Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Extend and maintain the Cloud infrastructure
- Configure application delivery for a cloud
- Create Private Cloud building blocks
- Deploy and access private clouds
- Monitor the Cloud infrastructure
- Extend and customize monitoring of the Cloud infrastructure
- Implement Service Management for the Cloud
- Configure High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
- Automate and standardize the Cloud
- Configure a multi-tenant Cloud
Module 1: Planning for the Cloud
- Understanding Cloud Models
- Benefits for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing a Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Components
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with VMM
Lab : Preparing the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Describe the private cloud.
- Understand the requirements for deploying a private cloud.
- Design the private cloud infrastructure.
- Describe the Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Deploy Hyper-V host clustering with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
Module 2: Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud with Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of VMM Architecture and Components
- Configuring Advanced Networking in VMM
- Installing and Upgrading VMM
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
Lab : Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Define and describe the components of VMM and its architecture.
- Configure advanced networking in VMM.
- Install and upgrade VMM.
- Configure VMM security and roles.
- Understand host groups.
Module 3: Extending and Maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Using an Update Baseline
Lab : Maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
- Describe how VMM integrates with WDS and WSUS to provide Pre-Boot eXecution Environment (PXE) Server role and Update Server roles.
- Describe how to deploy bare-metal Hyper-V host servers.
- Configure the Update Server role.
- Create and remediate a software update compliance baseline.
Module 4: Configuring Application Delivery
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications
Lab : Configuring Virtual Application Delivery
- Describe dynamic application deployment.
- Create web deployment packages by using the Web Deployment Tool.
- Configure the Server App-V Sequencer and agent.
- Sequence and then deploy a Server App-V virtualized application.
Module 5: Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Configuring SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring Service Provider Foundation
- Configuring User Roles
Lab : Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Configure the guest operating system profiles.
- Configure hardware profiles.
- Configure SQL Server by using SQL Server profiles.
- Configure application profiles.
- Configure virtual machine templates.
- Configure the Service Provider Foundation.
- Configure the self-service user role.
Module 6: Deploying and Configuring Access to a Private Cloud
- Understanding Private Cloud Computing
- Installing and Configuring App Controller
- Creating and Managing Service Templates
Lab : Deploying and Configuring Accessing to a Hybrid Cloud
- Describe a private cloud.
- Install and configure App Controller.
- Create and manage services and service templates.
Module 7: Monitoring Cloud Infrastructure
Students learn how to monitor the hybrid cloud infrastructure with Operations Manager. This includes installing and configuring Operations Manager and integrating Operations Manager with other System Center 2012 R2 components.
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Operations Manager Installation Considerations
- Configuring User Roles and Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012 R2
Lab : Monitoring the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Describe the security considerations and architecture of Operations Manager.
- Plan for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Upgrade from Operations Manager 2012 SP1 to Operations Manager 2012 R2.
- Configure notification subscriptions in Operations Manager.
- Install, configure, and upgrade management packs.
- Configure integration between Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
Module 8: Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring System Center Advisor
- Configuring the SharePoint Server Portal
- Monitoring Templates
- Distributed Application Monitoring
Lab : Extending and Customizing Monitoring
- Configure System Center Advisor.
- Configure the Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part.
- Describe how to use Management Pack templates in Operations Manager.
- Configure distributed application monitoring.
Module 9: Implementing Service Management for the Cloud
- Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Service Manager Notifications
Lab : Implementing Service Management for a Cloud
- Describe the Service Manager architecture.
- Upgrade to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager.
- Understand Service Manager work items.
- Configure Service Manager connectors.
- Configure Service Manager notifications.
Module 10: Configuring High Availability, Disaster Recovery and Protection for a Cloud
- Planning for Azure Site Recovery
- Planning DPM Deployment
- DPM Architecture and Components
- Upgrading DPM
- Configuring DPM for the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for a Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Cloud
Lab : Protecting the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Configure Azure Site Recovery.
- Plan DPM deployment.
- Describe DPM architecture and components.
- Upgrade DPM.
- Configure DPM for the private cloud.
- Configure application protection for the private cloud.
- Restore applications to the private cloud.
Module 11: Automating and Standardizing a Cloud
- Orchestrator Architecture and Components Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Managing Runbooks
- Configuring Integration Packs
Lab : Automating a Private Cloud
- Describe Orchestrator architecture and components.
- Deploy and configure Orchestrator components.
- Create and execute run books.
- Configure integration packs.
Module 12: Configuring a Self-Service Multi-Tenant Cloud with the Windows Azure Pack
- Configuring the Windows Azure Pack
Lab : Configuring the Windows Azure Pack
- Describe the Windows Azure Pack,Â configure VM Clouds, configure Website Clouds, configure SQL Clouds, and configure Plans.
This course is intended for cloud administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing and configuring a cloud infrastructure.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 operating system
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Microsoft Windows Azure
- Microsoft Windows Azure Pack
- Networking and storage experience
- Familiarity with cloud management processes
- Previous work with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Previous work with Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF).