The Symantec Data Insight 5.0: Administration course is designed for the storage administration, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, administering and using Symantec Data Insight. This class covers how to design, install, configure, administer and maintain Symantec Data Insight.
Students will also learn how to use the core features of Data Insight to investigate risk, compliance and data management use cases.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Symantec Data Insight product components and the system architecture. ï‚· Install and configure Symantec Data Insight.
- Add resources for system monitoring.
- Integrate Data Insight with Symantec Data Loss Prevention and Symantec Enterprise Vault.
- Use Symantec Data Insight to monitor system resources.
- Create and manage Data Insight reports.
- Create remediation workflows using the Self-Service portal.
- Maintain a Data Insight deployment.
Introduction to Data Insight
- Understanding the architecture
- Common use cases
- Introduction to key concepts
- Integration with other products
Installing Data Insight
- Planning a deployment
- Post-installation configuration
Initial configuration of Data Insight
- Introduction to the Management Console
- Configuring administrative access
- Configuring directory services
- Configuring advanced server settings
- Configuring global settings
Adding resources for monitoring: Windows and SharePoint
- Introduction to the monitoring of resources
- Adding Windows file servers
- Configuring DFS targets
- Managing resources
- Adding SharePoint Web applications
Adding resources for monitoring: Non-Windows
- Adding NetApp filers
- Adding EMC filers
- Adding HNAS filers
- Adding cloud content sources
- Adding VxFS filers
Integrating with DLP and Enterprise Vault
- Integrating with Symantec Data Loss Prevention
- Integrating with Symantec Enterprise Vault
Using Data Insight to monitor resources
- Using the Workspace
- Using the Data Insight Dashboards
- Managing custodians
- Advanced analytics
- Policies and alerts
Data Insight reporting
- Introduction to Data Insight reporting
- Creating a report in Data Insight
- Creating custom reports using DQL
Using Data Insight for risk, compliance, and data management
- Using Data Insight for risk and compliance use cases
- Using Data Insight for data management use cases
Remediation workflows using the Self-Service Portal
- Introduction to remediation using the Self-Service Portal
- Prerequisites for the Self-Service Portal
- Entitlement Review workflow.
- DLP Incident Remediation workflow.
- Ownership Confirmation workflow
- Records Classification workflow
Maintaining Data Insight
- Monitoring health
- Backing up and recovering
- Managing data locations
This course is for storage administrators, systems administrators, IT security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Data Insight in a variety of system environments. It is also targeted at those who need to use Symantec Data Insight to monitor systems for IT security, compliance and data management use cases.
You must have a working knowledge of advanced computer terminology and Internet terms, and administrator-level knowledge of the Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 operating system.