This course prepares certification candidates for the Server Solutions Architect Exam which leads to HP ASE – Server Solutions Architect V2 certification. The course provides a presales technical review of HP’s servers portfolio, including Rack and Tower, Enterprise (BladeSystem), Moonshot and Density Optimized (Apollo) server solutions. Students learn how to position HP server products to meet the business and technical requirements of customers. A strong focus is placed on HP Gen9 server technologies and the use of OneView as an infrastructure management tool.
Upon its completion, you should be able to:-
- Explain the characteristics to consider when choosing an HP server.
- Describe industry-standard architecture used in the HP Integrity product famlly.
- Describe the HP approach to virtualization.
- Identify the products in the HP BladeSystem portfolio.
- Describe the BladeSystem storage and expansion product portfolio.
- Describe and position the HP CloudSystem Matrix.
- Identify and describe the BladeSystem enclosures.
- Describe the power architecture used in BladeSystem enclosures.
- Identify the HP Network switches and differentiate among them.
- Name the tools available from HP for selecting solution components.
- Describe the HP Converged Infrastructure and its benefits as an IT strategy.
- Describe industry-standard architecture used in the ProLiant product family.
- Explain how ProLiant and Integrity servers are categorized.
- Describe the range of partitioning technologies offered by HP.
- Identify ProLiant Blade Workstation Solutions.
- Describe and position Integrity NonStop BladeSystem solutions.
- Explain how to select an HP BladeSystem enclosure.
- Describe the BladeSystem enclosure management hardware and software.
- Explain how to balance power and cooling in BladeSystem enclosures.
- Compare direct-attached storage (DAS), network-attached storage(NAS), and storage area network (SAN) products and their market positions.
Presales, both internal HP and external.
HP0-D13 – Technical Introduction to the HP Enterprise Portfolio.